Thursday 27 March 2014

Tartan Skirt

Hello!!

I am a HUGE fan of tartan- I love that it is so simple to style, yet brings an effortless 'oomph' to an outfit (if you get what I mean.... )

My white sheer shirt with gold collar-tips was from Topshop, but you can get one similiar from pretty much any high street retailer.

My GEEK jumper was also from Topshop, but this could be swapped for one of a similar fashion- I think a retro band jumper would look perfect, adding to the soft-grunge/chic look.

My tartan skirt was from Brandy Melville, but one again they're available pretty much anywhere at the moment (I have definetly seen more affordable versions in both New Look and Primark). Also, play around with different coloured tartans, depending on your shoes and other garments.

I finished this look of with a pair of black patterened tights (Primark have some really cute, cheap patterened tights at the moment, and TK Maxx always have higher-end brands for a fraction of the price), and a pair of navy, patent Doc Martens, but a pair of platformed sneakers would look fab too.

I kept my makeup pretty simple, defining & darkening my brows with Sleek's Brow Kit (in dark). I used Naked2's 'Bootycall' (a whitish matte colour) all over the lid, and 'Chopper' (a shimmery browny/heathery colour) on the outer third & crease to add definition. I gave a slight winged liner and finished with a few coats of mascara. I used a light coating of Maybelline's 'Endless Ruby' lip tint, just to add a slight bit of colour onto my lips, not wanting to be too dramatic due to the already vampy-ness of the outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment