Monday 28 January 2013

The Liebster Award

(Firstly apologies again for the lack of posting- college exams, dance classes, dance exams, work and all that jazz,, sorry! But anyways, on with the show...)

I must admit I had never heard of the 'Liebster Award' until I received an email notifying me I had been tagged (Merci Lucy!!), but I then took to blogspot to find out what they were and such... Basically, it is a way to help less-well-known bloggers (with 200 followers or less) get recognised- a good idea in my eyes!

So anyways, there are a couple of 'rules'... Firstly, each person must post 11 things/facts about themselves. Second, they must the answer the questions set to them by the person who tagged them. Thirdly, they must choose 11 people and tag them in their post. Finally, they must go onto the pages of the people they tagged and tell them -- simples!

Eleven Things About Me
- I met the Queen on her golden jubilee & gave her some flowers
- My fingers are crooked so I tend not to 'give the finger' to people
- Since I was 7 I've had to wear glasses full time (although I wear contacts now..)
- I have 3 sisters & 1 brother
- My eyes change colour (you know how your hair gets lighter in the sun? Well, my eyes get lighter..)
- I'm 5ft1 (but sometimes I'm 5ft2..hahaha)
- I have size 3 feet
- I dance 3 nights a week & do A-Level dance at college (I do jazz, hiphop/street, modern, tap, ballet, pointe & contemporary)
- I loveeee Demi Lovato ..like, too much for words
- I was obsessed with the Jonas Brothers for AGES (my room is still covered in their posters) & although I'm not a crazy fan-girl, I've always had a love for Joe :')
- I have 2 part time jobs as well as sometimes doing 'odd-jobs' like painting/teaching dance and such

Questions From Lucy
- What are your staple beauty items?
Eyeliner & concealer..I need concealer because I tend to get 'angry' spots in one place but then the rest of my skin will be fine (so I could live without foundation..probably), & eyeliner is just fab. Haha, I wear it everyday and I love how it's so versatile (You can go for a simple look or a really dramatic one). Thinking about it, another staple would have to be lipstick... I know that's a tad general, but omfg, i LOVE lipstick.... reds & darker colours i tend to prefer, but nothing can beat a bright coral in the summer!

- What are you staple fashion items?
My docs, without a doubt (I have a patent navy pair and an oxblood/cherry red pair). I love them in the winter as they keep my feet so cosy, but I love the looks of them in the summer how they can 'toughen up' and outfit and look so cute at the same time. Another has to be my leather jacket with faux fur collar from Dotty P's..i think I wear this everyday...I just love it and it goes with everything and I feel cooler when I wear it (ahahhahaha).

- Which celebrity do you take style/fashion inspiration from?
Demi Lovato prodominently, because I love her :} ...haha, no but seriously, I adore her style. Like, how she can look girly & elegant one day and then be all grungey the next. On the whole though I'll take ideas from everyone.. like, Ill go through magazines and just take inspiration from whatever catches my eye... i tend to take more style ideas from people like Kristen Stewart, MILEY CYRUS, Fearne Cotton... you get the drift :)

- Who is your celebrity crush?
Joe Jonas...heheheeehe:} I think like most people though I have some major girl crushes as well though- Demi Lovato (if you hadn't already guessed), Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene... ;) :L

- What inspired you to start a blog?
I think watching people such as Sammi (from Beautycrush, Gracie (uglyfaceofbeauty) & Leanne (ThunderAndThreads) on Youtube made me want to share my fashion and beauty ideas with others, but I was too scared to start a channel & make videos- I figured a blog would be the next best thing!

-Who is your favourite Harry Potter character?
I must admit, I'm not a crazy HP fan. I've seen all of them, but they were too confusing for my simple mind :L   ...I would say Hermione, but probably because I see her as Emma Watson, not Hermione..hahah ...but erm, Hadgred? (is that how you spell his name?) because he's so cute

- Are you reading any books at the moment? If so, what are you reading?
No...hahahha ...but I want to read 'Call The Midwife'- we have the book & I'm obsessed with the series so I think the book is going to be my next fix!

- What was the last gig or concert you went to?
I went to a festival last summer which I suppose was like one long gig? It was fairly small, but SO cute & had lots of different types of music from unknown artists (youtube 'Yes Sir Boss' & 'Middle Man'- they were insane!!)

- What foundation do you use?
Hm, well...I swap between foundations depending on what my skin is looking like- on the go currently I have: Loreal's True Match, Rimmel's Wake Me Up. Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid, Maybelline's BB Cream & Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse ...usually my go-to is my loreal true match, as for me it gives the perfect coverage and finish.

- If you could look like anyone, who would you look like?
I often think about this, and I have many options :L - Demi Lovato, Kristen Stewart, Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen, Cara Delevigne....I could go on forever :L

- What's your favourite song at the moment?
It depends what mood I'm in- Cockiness/Birthday Cake (Rihanna), End Of Time/Run The World (Beyonce), Turning Page (Sleep At Last)... oh oh i nearly forgot- one direction!!! I don't even know what happened but their music is so good to drive to...so i ordered both their albums...hahahha! Kiss You, Heart Attack & Gotta Be You are probs my faves right about now :L

I Nominate
lucygabriella
lauralouisebell
simply-abbi
Georgia
Zoey
Kennie
mickalamitchell

(I know you're supposed to nominate 11 but I don't follow any other small blogs which I know is really bad but I'm really shit at navigating blogger ..don't be mad..hahah)

My Questions
1. If you could only wear skirts or trousers for the rest of your life, which would you choose & why?
2. What is your favourite Lipstick of all time & at the moment?
3. What beauty product is on the top of your wishlist?
4. What fashion item is on the top of your wishlist?
5. What is your favourite nail varnish of all time & at the moment?
6. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand & why?
7. What is your current favourite film?
8. What is your most worn accessory?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is your favourite clothing shop & do you have any 'secret/hidden'/unknown-but-good places to shop?
11. If you had to get dressed in 5 minutes, what outfit would you put together?

ENJOY! :)




3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for nominating me! I'll be sure to do this post at the weekend:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for nominating me! i'll do it at the weekend yayy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me, I shall do this soon lovely!xxx

    ReplyDelete